…in which ol’ Hickock45 goes through a whole bunch of his favorite bolt-action rifles, and decides which would be the last one he’d ever sell. Here’s the list (in case you don’t have time to watch the video):
- Krag-Jorgensen 1899 carbine (.30-40 Krag)
- Winchester Mod 70 (.30-06 Springfield) — a pre-WWII version
- Mauser Gewehr 1898 (8x57mm)
- Sako 95 Bavarian carbine (6.5x55mm) — a very “modern” rifle
- Mauser K98k (8x57mm)
- Mauser Mod 1896 (6.5x55mm) — “Swede”
- Springfield ’03 (.30-06 Springfield)
- Lee-Enfield No 4 Mk1 (.303 Enfield) — (WWII issue)
I have fired every single one of these rifles, some of them scores of times, and I love all of them beyond words.
It was an agonizing choice, and I chuckled like hell in sympathy as he moaned and grumbled during the process.
But given the choice of the rifles he had on hand, I think I’d have chosen exactly the same one he did, for pretty much the same reasons he did.