I need some help, and I have no idea where to start. Observe this oil painting:
All I know about it is mostly supposition:
- the unknown artist is supposedly Iranian (or perhaps Persian, back when it was painted)
- he was supposedly a court painter for the Shah of Iran/Persia
- the painting is one of a small series — this one is called, I think, “Green”, and others are likewise entitled “Blue”, “Red”, etc.
- it’s quite large: 60″x48″
- it was purchased sometime during the 1980s, from a gallery in Los Angeles.
That’s all I know. I’ve looked and looked all over Teh Intarwebz, but nada.
If anyone can shed light on the piece, or tell me where I can look further, I’d be eternally grateful.