Inspired by this piece in the DM, I list things that seem insubstantial or unimportant, but under the reign of World-Emperor Kim (see above) would be banned and destroyed whenever seen in public:
- Oddly- flavored booze, e.g. chocolate vodka and raspberry-flavored beer. Just thinking about them makes my mouth go lemon-shaped and my stomach go into spasm.
- Light (“lite”) beer. The only way I’d agree to letting this shit stay around was if it were sold for ten cents a gallon. Then everyone who drank it would get horribly drunk and die in car crashes, thus solving two problems.
- Crocs, when worn outside the garden. They work surprisingly well as gardening shoes, but there are limits.
- Ditto Uggs: excellent slippers, should not be seen in public.
- Chewing gum. Disgusting stuff, especially when chewed with an open mouth.
- Nose rings. Absolutely nobody’s appearance is enhanced by this foul facial appurtenance.
- Car decals. Every last one of them, no exceptions, and especially the smug mini-billboards like “Proud Parent Of An Honor Student”. Don’t even get me started on the “go faster” stripes, or flames.
- “Lifted” trucks on public roads.
Note that I’ve left off the large stuff like Modernist architecture, Glocks and music produced by Simon Cowell. They are a constant irritation to me and have often been featured on these pages, so I’m not going to belabor the point.
Other than “carpeted bathrooms”, I found most of the things in the DM list rather inoffensive, albeit some in bad taste. And they can take my Nicky Cage sequin pillow from my cold dead hands.
Feel free to add your favorite hates to the list. (Just stuff, no people — we all know who you’d want to see gone, or be first on the noose.)