Quoth some Democrat “strategist”:
“This has got to be an election fundamentally about Democrats’ vision for bringing the country together and solving the big problems that confront us.”
Really? This from a party which [deep breath]:
- encourages urban unrest through its paramilitary Antifa movement
- thinks voters for The Other Party are rubes, racists and “deplorable”
- supports “open borders” (i.e. unlimited immigration) and calls those who don’t “racists” and “white supremacists”
- resists ICE when they try to deport violent illegal immigrants
- supports early release of violent felons from prison
- supports Marxist electoral candidates and socialist/communist doctrine, in a nation which won the Cold War against that precise set of principles, and despite the obvious failures and appalling death tolls in all Communist nations since 1917
- supports infanticide and unlimited abortion rights despite those being incredibly unpopular with the majority of Americans
- wants to disarm the American population, despite Constitutional protection and (once again) massive popular support for private gun ownership
- espouses insane social philosophies and policies such as gender-swapping surgery and gender-reassignment treatment for children
- has Congressional representatives who ignore (and in some cases, even support) Muslim terrorism and the organizations which perform it
- supports high taxation and increased government spending, when it is obvious that most Americans hate both
- believes that climate catastrophe is imminent, excoriates all science (and scientists) that disproves their belief, and is willing to sacrifice both national- and personal prosperity to further their goals
- thinks that America is still a fundamentally racist country
- believes that international problems are mostly the fault of America, and supports diplomatic appeasement and accommodation of malevolent nations such as Communist China, Iran, Cuba and Venezuela (to name but a few)
- demands First Amendment protection for themselves, while actively denying it to anyone who opposes their philosophy
- continues to support failed education policies like Common Core
- denies school choice to parents when those choices include non-state school education
- refuses to allow failing and incompetent schoolteachers to be fired because of entrenched union opposition
- allows radical college administrations to suppress any contrary positions to their own
- supports radical feminism and its lunatic (and un-Constitutional) positions such as #BelieveAllWomen and similar policies which would deny the accused their right to a fair trial
- has, through its adherents in the federal bureaucracy, attempted a coup against an elected President
- has the support of a mainstream media which continues to excuse and obscure all wrongdoing perpetrated by Democrats; and invents, magnifies and exaggerates the same for any organization or person who opposes them even marginally
- sincerely believes in tropes such as “toxic masculinity”, Arab-inspired blood-libel of Israelis, and “climate catastrophe”
- will attempt to enact “climate-friendly” legislation and regulations which will hobble America and indeed the entire Western world’s economies, while giving a pass to the major sources of global pollution: China, India and the rest of the Third World
- wants to resurrect ObamaCare and take it to nationalized “single-payer” medical care
- will end America’s energy independence by outlawing fracking, construction of pipelines, destruction of the coal industry altogether and ending nuclear power generation.
There are more, but I think everyone gets the idea. And if you think I’m inventing or exaggerating this behavior, feel free to study all California’s legislation and regulations enacted since 1990, or NYFC’s Mayor DeBlasio’s ditto.
Here are just a few pictures which encapsulate the incoherence in modern “progressive” thought:
And I’m not making this stuff up. Look at the numbers in the chart below:
Considering that all the above are largely threats coming from Democrat politicians, supporters and Democrat-controlled organizations, explain this to me:
How will the Democrat / Socialist Democratic Party ever “bring the country together”?
The simple answer is: they can’t, and they don’t want to. Their entire philosophy is predicated on the Marxist principle of the class struggle; and if they don’t have an economic class struggle (as in the U.S.A., where prosperity is the rule and not the exception), they will invent another class struggle against a different enemy, e.g. “White Patriarchy”, “White Supremacists”, “Racists” or “The 1%” (to name but some), even if their own leaders belong to said groups in one way or another. This quite apart from their actual opponents, e.g. conservatives and Trump supporters, whom they demonize with such exaggeration that reconciliation is quite impossible..
In other words, the Democrat Party thrives on disunity, and all their actions and policies are designed to exacerbate and not reduce it. So their stated desire to bring the country together is just another political lie, and it’s nothing more than a transparent ploy to try to win the 2020 election.