What goes: “Fuck. Double fuck. Double-doublety-double fuck”?
That would be me.
When my Logitech mouse starts randomly double-clicking when I tap the key once.
Yesterday I tried to see whether it was a software or hardware issue, so I tried going to Logitech’s “Customer Support” site (okay, you can stop laughing now).
- Tried blowing compressed air under the key, as helpfully suggested by
Rajib“Logan” — didn’t help.
- “Enter the serial # of your mouse, then we’ll know exactly what it is” — fucking hell, I could barely read the thing with a magnifying glass, and every time I turned it over to read it, the cursor wandered out of the chat panel, never to be seen again. Eventually, after uttering Sentence #1 of this post a few times, I managed to get the thing entered.
- “Do you have another PC or laptop where you can test your mouse?” — good idea. Then we can see if it’s a laptop software issue or a mouse issue. Hopped over to New Wife’s PC in the next room. Once I’d called her to get the login password — shuddup — I connected it up and… nope, still doing it, the little fucking fucking double-fucking piece of shit. Go back to laptop.
- “Session has timed out. Do you want to log in again?” — where’s the 1911? Oh yeah, in pieces on the table waiting to be cleaned. So I log in once more.
- “We’re sorry, but your warranty expired on 02/22/21. We cannot replace your mouse.”
shot bit the bullet — not literally, ammo is spendy — and ordered another one. From Amazon.
“Your order may be delayed as the product is on back order.”
[several lines of cursing omitted]