We’ve all done it, but here are the worst, in ascending order of ridiculousness:
- I have to leave now, it’s Happy Hour at the Rose & Crown
- I have to pick my grandmother up at the airport (bonus if the speaker is over the age of 50)
- I have to get to the liquor store before it closes
- I broke my fingernail and I have an emergency appointment at the nail salon (female; if male, I don’t want to talk to you)
- I have to take my Mom to the maternity ward
Bonus points for guessing which one was mine.
Your suggestions in Comments.
The laxative just kicked in
I got “it” caught in my zipper
I have to bring my car to the mechanic (when everyone knows you don’t drive)
My wife just called to tell me she’s fertile NOW
I have to go to a Hillary Clinton rally
Kim, everyone here should know that the happy hour excuse was yours. 😉
All of the above.
The range is empty at this time of the afternoon.
The funny part being that my boss would say, “Great idea. Got a second gun with you?”
My Prius just went over 5,000 miles on the way to work and I have to get my oil changed and rotate my tires before I make the ten mile drive home.
“I have to get to the liquor store before it closes”
As an employer, I’d consider that a completely valid reason for leaving early.
“There is a youtube celebrity doing a signing of his new adult coloring book and I already spent $100 on tickets to it.”
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is giving a one hour lecture on “Paleswinians and the Gaza Greenhouses; Trading Food for Scrap Metal”, and I don’t want to miss that!
I’ve got to tee off before the golf league gets there.
And, yes, I’ve used it.
Comments are closed.