We’ve all done it, but here are the worst, in ascending order of ridiculousness:
- I have to leave now, it’s Happy Hour at the Rose & Crown
- I have to pick my grandmother up at the airport (bonus if the speaker is over the age of 50)
- I have to get to the liquor store before it closes
- I broke my fingernail and I have an emergency appointment at the nail salon (female; if male, I don’t want to talk to you)
- I have to take my Mom to the maternity ward
Bonus points for guessing which one was mine.
Your suggestions in Comments.