She: Why the hell do men get so excited by the thought of women wearing leather?
He: It reminds us of that new car smell.
She: Does this outfit make my ass look fat?
He: Do you want to know the truth?
He: You’re sure you want to know the truth?
He: I’m sleeping with your sister.
And one for the ladies:
Why does this pic make me feel nostalgic?
- The cops are all men.
- They’re doing crowd control, but aren’t dressed up like Imperial stormtroopers.
- They’re ogling a pretty girl without some shrew accusing them of [insert feministical outrage of choice here].
- The girl is alluring, pretty and sexy; and yet somehow she manages to do all that without looking like a total slut.
Yeah, I miss the old days.
By nature, I’m a planner — not the obsessive type who has to have my future planned down to the last detail, but I do prefer a certain orderliness in my life. Chaos sucks, and the entire human condition is predicated on imposing some sort of order over chaos, which is why I hate anarchism. (When I was much younger, anarchy held some interest for me, but then I grew up.)
But there are different kinds of long-term thinking, and I love this kind (as sent to me by Mr. Free Market):
Coffee, meet nostrils.
Ranked in ascending order of awfulness:
- .45 GAP — Glock’s answer to… what was the question again?
- any “Short Magnum” rifle cartridge — e.g. .300 WSM, .270 WSM, etc. They don’t do anything their longer predecessors can’t already do, their sharply-shouldered casings can cause feeding problems, and they were really just a sales gimmick like today’s new darling, the 6.5mm Creedmoor.
- FN 5.7x28mm — expensive and designed by modern-day Europeans, it’s basically a .22 Win Mag, just worse.
- .22 Hornet — while a good performer, it’s difficult to reload because of the tapered casing, and other .22 cartridges (e.g. the .223 and .222 Rem) perform as well or better.
- .25 ACP / 6.35mm Browning — as the saying goes, if you ever shoot someone with this little thing, and he finds out about it, you’re going to be in trouble.
Your suggestions on the topic in Comments.
Ah, the good old days…
…when you could get a decent tie for two dollars.