The song might have been a good one, but the rendition left a lot to be desired. In ascending order of tunelessness (and no links because projectile vomiting):
- Whiskey In The Jar — Metallica
- Danke Schön — Wayne Newton
- Yesterday — every single person except Paul McCartney who ever tried to sing it
- Tutti Frutti — Pat Boone
…and OMG, in its own special Hall Of Shame For One:
Look up the performances at your own peril.
…and my absolute favorite, quite possibly of all time:
So get out there, and be a fucking shark.
In order of implausibility:
- “My little sister hid my backpack.”
- “The dog wouldn’t move away from lying in front of my dad’s car.”
- “It was the Russians.”
- “I had a panic attack because Donald Trump is President.”
…and the absolute worst reason for being late for school:
- “My gym teacher just wouldn’t let me get out of bed this morning.”
Your suggestions in Comments.
From Glenn Reynolds:
“Anti-gun groups have lots of money, lots of organization, and lots and lots of media help. What they don’t have is lots of supporters. “
…a.k.a. voters, which is what drives them crazy when they do all their “Ban this! and ban that!” screaming and nothing happens.