While we all feel for the folks in Oz whose environment is being set to BROIL, it’s worth noting that many of their problems have been caused by the same people as the California genus:
But let us not allow the heartbreak and the emotion to distract us from the truth about this natural disaster: it has nothing whatsoever to do with ‘climate change’.
…[charts and graphs etc]…
So, to be clear, there is zero evidence of any change in climatic conditions that might have increased the likelihood or severity of these bush fires. This is not — repeat NOT — a man-made climate change story, and anyone who claims otherwise is either a gullible idiot or a lying charlatan.
There is, nonetheless, good reason to believe that the stupidity and irresponsibility of man is at least partly to blame for this disaster — just not quite in the way that the left-liberal MSM and the green wankerati would have you believe.
Read the article for the full story, but if you have insufficient time, here’s the executive summary:
Animal-worshipers, Greens and pyromaniacs. Just like in California.
I feel the need for mass whippings, hangings etc. starting to build… but no doubt someone’s going to have problem with this.
…of all the stupid shit out there that isn’t worth a post of its own.
1) NRO advancing space technology, developing tactics to defend satellites — that would be the first time that National Review Online has done anything worth a damn. [/snark]
2) Emma Thompson foresees us eating our pets — to quote Truman Capote: “Actors are stupid.”
3) Brennt Paris? — quick, spot the picture where one of the protesters has borrowed a disguise from a 2020 Democrat presidential candidate. (Spoiler follows)
4) Student jailed for saying what the rest of us think — and yet, Muslims can say that Israel (and by definition, all Israelis) should be obliterated, without penalty.
5) Employers hate us — but they’ll take our money as customers, of course.
6) Charlize Theron can’t act — see #2 above.
7) Britain sees positive side of gun control: here, here, here and especially here — and that’s just over the past 12 hours. (Hint: one of those isn’t really a shootworthy thing, but it should be.)
8) Show yer bum for charity — oh, why not?
9) America’s love affair with guns is only getting stronger — take that, Beto you has-been loser.
10) Headline of the year — who would have thought that this was illegal in Britain?
Bonus points if you can identify the source of #3’s headline.
…and ended up with a bunch of Yalies beclowning themselves. Read the whole thing; it’s wonderful. Needless to say, Scott Adams was involved:
…. and it gets worse from there.
Now this is what I call Good News:
“High cholesterol, particularly LDL cholesterol, has been demonized for allegedly bringing on heart attack deaths. But an intriguing analysis of data published at Medium.com seems to show that total mortality risk is reduced by high cholesterol levels, even LDL cholesterol.”
The point Medium.com’s P.D. Mangan makes is that even if lower cholesterol is associated with reduced heart-disease incidence, this is more than offset by an increase in low-cholesterol-associated health risks.
As Mangan puts it, from “a public health standpoint, it seems a mistake to focus on changing something that lowers the risk of death from one cause only to raise that risk from another.”
Now as we all know, next week will see the publication of yet another study which completely contradicts this wonderful news.
In the meantime (via C.W., thankee):
In Texas, that combination of the four major meat groups (ribs, pulled pork, sausage and brisket) is known as the “Four Riders Of The Apocalypse”.
Actually, that’s not true. In Texas, that’s either regarded as a well-balanced meal, or else as “Git outta mah way, Elmer!”
See y’all later.
OMG the Second Amendment is in danger!!!!!!!!!!!!
According to Rasmussen, 24 percent of survey respondents “favor repealing the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment which guarantees the right of most citizens to own a gun.”
In other words, about one in four of the respondents don’t want the Second anymore. Why is this statistic a load of fear-mongering bullshit?
- We don’t know the composition of the survey sample — who was surveyed, where they lived, age groups, and so on. So we don’t actually know how representative that sample of people is of the population as a whole.
- Popular sentiment means diddly-squat when it comes to amending the Constitution (for all those who were too busy wanking or sleeping during Civics lessons, or who never saw Schoolhouse Rock). 51% of the people might want to ditch the Second, but that’s still irrelevant.
Wake me up when the percentage of support for eliminating the Second grows to a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate — like that’s ever going to happen — or even if it does, let’s see if 38 of the 50 state legislatures agree to ratify the amendment.
Note to the Left: there’s no magic wand and pixie-dust here; if you want to make guns disappear, you’ll have to do it through the normal legal process, or (as Beta-Boy suggests), by forcible (and illegal) confiscation of all guns in private hands. Good luck with that, too. You may get just a little pushback, as the modern idiom goes:
For all those
fools people who have been eating white meat instead of red meat because Studies Show That Red Meat Will Kill You Dead, here’s the latest study:
Eating chicken puts consumers at a higher risk of a rare form of blood cancer, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, as well as prostate cancer in men, according to researchers from Oxford University.
Of course, my skepticism about all these “studies” has been well-documented, and no doubt the next study will say that in fact, eating chicken will cure cancer, not cause it.
Red meat stops your heart, poultry gives you cancer, cannibalism seems to be illegal, and no meat causes your brain to shrink. So basically, we’re fucked. To quote a well-known sage (Joe Jackson): everything gives you cancer.
Next thing they’ll be telling us that it’s not the full English breakfast that will kill you, it’s the pint of gin you wash it down with.
Like that’s going to stop me.