So now butter and lard are good for you again, and vegetable oils (except olive) are bad:
The World Health Organization has faced fierce backlash after telling people to replace butter and lard with ‘healthier’ oils in the New Year.
A leading cardiologist today said he was ‘shocked and disturbed’ by the advice, which the UN agency listed as a tip to prolong people’s lives.
Butter has been demonised for decades over its saturated fat content – but an array of evidence is beginning to prove it can be healthy.
Plus ça change, plus la même chose.
This announcement could have had some impact on my life, except that I never stopped using butter and I’ve always looked suspiciously at all cooking oils anyway.
Never mind: next week some other cardiologist will warn us that butter causes (or, more likely, “may” cause) aggravated syphilis or something.
In the meantime, any report from a large government- or international agency (CDC, WHO, etc.) should be treated with the utmost skepticism if not outright rejection. In fact, if Agency A warns that X is bad for you, a rule of thumb would be to increase the intake of X.
I don’t see that the above advice can be any worse than the bullshit we’ve been fed for the past fifty-odd years.
Sorry to bug you again, O God-Emperor, but seeing as you turned me down for the post of U.N. Ambassador, something just occurred to me.
While the wonderful Sarah Huckabee Sanders has yet to resign from her job as White House Press Secretary, it may only be a question of time before some loony Socialist attacks her at a restaurant or something, and she quits. Allow me therefore to offer, with the utmost humility, my services as a replacement for Mrs. Sanders should that doleful occasion arise.
- I hate the Press. All of them. Even Brit Hume makes my face twitch on occasion. Considering that they all hate you, I think turnabout would be fair play.
- CBS: Commie Broadcasting System; NBC: Nothing But Commies; ABC: All Bloody Commies; CNN: Commie News Network; MSNBC: Motherfucking Set of Nutballs, Bastards and Commies — ‘nuff said.
- I have so much dirty laundry in my checkered past (none of which I care a rat’s ass about), the Jackals of the Press (JotP) will be too busy chasing down details of the famous Parking Lot Incident Of 1989 to worry about your latest dealings in Iraq/North Korea/Iran/the economy/global warming/[insert liberal Cause Of The Month here].
- If a question is too tough to answer, or the answer would likely cause you embarrassment, I’ll just babble some nonsense in Afrikaans (hey, that approach worked for Margaret Tutwiler).
- I’d actually like to conduct the Press briefings in Afrikaans, just so all the multi-culturalists can experience the result of their all-cultures-and-languages-are-equal nonsense.
- I’m also a genuine African (unlike some Dolezals I could mention), so I can’t be accused of being racist when I state that the latest murderous Somalian kleptocrat dictator is “just another one of those African scumbags.”
- Most hostile questions from the JotP would be answered with: “I bet you wouldn’t be asking the same question if Hillary Clinton was President.”
- I’m sick of reporters like Jim Acosta making political statements in the guise of a question, and I’ll bet you are too. So I’ll use a stopwatch on each questioner, and if the question is longer than 5 seconds, I’ll interrupt them using a truck’s air horn and shout, “Next!”
- All Acosta’s questions/rants would be met with a pitying chuckle and a shake of the head. Just for giggles, I’ll first put a sombrero on my head before answering him in a terrible Mexican accent.
- Come to think of it, if asked a question by any furrin JotP, I’ll repeat their question back to them in a parody of their accent before answering.
- In answer to most questions from furrin Press jackals, the statement would go: “Well, to start off with, we’re not going to do what your government would do…”
- Post-briefing fistfights in the corridor would be a common occurrence. We could sell tickets.
- All references to NorKPres Kim Long Dong or whatever he calls himself will be prefaced with “That Commie rat…”, ditto Castro, Nancy Pelosi and that tool from Venezuela.
- All questions about the Pore & Starvin will be answered with: “We’re going to make George Soros share a couple billion of his own dollars with them first to see what happens, before we throw taxpayer money at the problem.”
- In fact, I could use that reply to all questions pertaining to economics or social policy, if you wish.
- I’ll keep a Wrist Rocket on the podium, and every time some liberal JotP asks one of their loaded questions, I’ll shoot him in the gut with a ball bearing, and laugh out loud when he squeals like a little girl. And seeing as they all want to be treated like men, female JotPs will get the same response (I’m not sexist).
- Saturday Night Live will never be able to lampoon my Press briefings, because the reality will be funnier than anything those liberal New York assholes could ever dream up.
- If you’re holding the briefing and get asked a tough question, you could always just say, “I’ll let Kim answer that question,” and then look puzzled as there’s a mad stampede for the exits.
- I can say you’ve declared war on any country, and none of the JotP will believe me… until after the first ICBMs have detonated.
- I won’t take any questions from a reporter whose organization has ever said anything nasty about your family members. That should shorten the Press briefings considerably.
- The horrible New York Times will stop sending reporters to my briefings, either because they’re sick of being mocked, or else because they’ll have run out of reporters to send.
- When asked, “Are you actually carrying a gun under your jacket?” I’ll just smile enigmatically, and move on to the next question.
- And to keep the JotP quiet on the topic of guns and gun control, I’ll add a weekly “Department of Righteous Shootings” item, and cackle like a maniac as I describe the dead goblin’s wounds in detail.
- The Nielsen ratings for my White House Press briefings would make the most popular current TV sitcom look like a Dick Cavett Show rerun.
- Finally, I won’t ever need any Secret service protection when I go out for dinner in Washington D.C. Best you don’t ask why.
Mr. President, I hope that you will consider my qualifications favorably, and offer me the job should the occasion arise. Let’s be realistic: all those Fake News Press bastards hate you already, so my appointment can hardly make things worse for you (and they may even make things better). But let’s also remember that as bad as your approval ratings are, most people hate the Press even more. So why not capitalize on that hatred and have a good laugh for the remainder of your Presidency, as a bonus?
Besides, you have to admit that seeing a battered BBC or CNN reporter carried out the White House on a stretcher each week would be a definite morale-booster for your electoral base, to say nothing of your White House staff.
So the Grauniad discovers that rich people fund political issues. (Quick: Alert The Media! Oh, wait…)
Of course, being the Lefty bastards that they are, the Grauniad deplores that fact that most billionaires are in fact quite conservative — e.g. rich people don’t want their heirs to pay estate taxes; quelle surprise! Where the liberal rag indulges in its usual mendacity is that it classifies opposition to measures like the estate tax as “unpopular” — which is true if you’re a socialist like they all are, but in fact the estate tax is enormously unpopular in the United States, as poll after poll will tell you (if you do the research, which the Grauniad didn’t).
In fact, the estate tax is unpopular even amongst Americans who will likely never have to pay the tax themselves, which no doubt horrifies the Left because a.) those stupid peasants haven’t swallowed all the Left’s lies about the Eeeevil Rich and b.) said peasants think that the estate tax is wrong in that it’s simply coercive wealth redistribution.
Maybe the estate tax is generally popular in Britain — I wouldn’t be surprised — but all the numbers they quote come from the United States, so that’s the usual Lefty misrepresenting of data to reflect their dogma rather than actual, you know, reality. There’s only one solution to these socialist bastards and their lying:
So one-time-moderate Republican Phil Bredesen is campaigning for the U.S. Senate seat in Tennessee, as a Democrat.
One might think that this would be an uphill battle as it is; but apparently the people who are trying to get this tool elected said this recently:
A top spokesman for the Tennessee Democratic Party’s effort to get Phil Bredesen elected senator has said he views “white male” gun owners as “the biggest terrorist organization on the planet.”
In Tennessee. Well, I guess there’s only one thing to say to Bredesen: buh-bye.
In the meantime, all you dangerous white male gun-owning terrorists should do the responsible thing — no, not that thing, the voting thing.
And let’s make sure that Marsha Blackburn isn’t the only Republican sent to the Senate come November. Ditto the House.
November 6 just can’t come quickly enough.
According to this study*:
- Lowfat / skim milk is better for you than full-cream milk
- Saturated fats in your diet will cause heart problems
- Margarine is better for you than butter or lard
- Red meat is bad for you
- The government and health scolds know what the fuck they’re talking about
*Next week, another study will probably come out and disprove this one. Caveat lector.
And now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to have a breakfast of steak ‘n eggs (fried in butter). And a full glass of half ‘n half to wash it down.
I think I’ve told the story before of how I was taking a Sociology class at college when the Commie / feminist professor [redundancy alert] asked the question of the class:
“Is gender a social construct?”
…whereupon I answered quickly:
“Yes it is… provided that one ignores completely all genetic study and research conducted on the topic since the 1970s.”
Icy silence from the professor followed. (Incidentally, I got an A for the course because she never could dispute any of my papers’ theses.)
I was reminded of this happy little exchange when I read Heather Mac Donald’s latest article in City Journal. Hie thee hither and read all of it, for verily (as always with Heather) it’s nothing but net, and will give you all the ammo you’ll ever need when debating some loony feminist [redundancy alert, again] on the topic.
Heather Mac Donald’s collected writings should be required reading in any Humanities course at university, which means that it will never happen because Commies hate any writing which places fact over dogma and disturbs The Narrative.