Saw this pic at Timewaster‘s place the other day:
Clear out a couple dead trees to accommodate a little .22 range, add a clay thrower to the end of the pier, and Kim’s a happy
Oh, I forgot: also, a Ma Deuce to keep
gummint agents ummm large predators errrr pirates at bay. That’s what I meant… pirates.
…wherein I’m too lazy to make a full post about stuff:
1) Valerie is saved! — Thank goodness. Now I can continue to add inches to my waistline by eating their pastries every time I go to Britishland.
2) Rio cops execute violent choirboys on the spot — Now quit that cheering and applause. And no, I have no idea when ICE are going to implement the same policy when faced with armed cross-border drug smugglers.
3) “If [an active shooter] walks onto this campus, they’re going to be shot and killed.” — It’ll be interesting to see if school shootings ever occur in these schools from now on. And if any of my south Floriduh Readers are looking for a part-time gig…
4) Sexbots could be hazardous for your health — Oh puh-leeze. I know more than a few women (including some ex-girlfriends) who would pose a far greater threat than a collection of latex and transistors. Think: Terminator, with tits. (Yes, Cheryl, I’m thinking of you.)
5) Amazon tells NYC to fuck off — These are the perils of trying to do business in a Socialist environment. Frankly, I think Amazon should breathe a sigh of relief, because they just dodged a BIG bullet.
Longtime Readers will know that I am often scornful of modern architecture on these here pages, but I have to admit that occasionally some light does shine through the gloom. Here’s one example from, of all places, Shanghai, where somebody decided to put a played-out quarry to good use. Before:
…followed by a night-time shot:
We could use a few of those Over Here. Gawd knows we have enough quarries and de-topped mountains (e.g. in Kentucky, eastern Ohio, West Virginia and Montana, to name but a few) which would support a decent-sized chain called (say) Quarry Hotels, Inc.
And if we’re not going to use the quarries for any other purpose (e.g. to bury all the dead socialists after The Glorious Day)…
Roger Simon finally wakes up and smells the coffee. Now all he has to do is persuade his hoplophobe rabbi to allow him to carry his piece into the shul.
While the Usual Suspects are squalling once again about gun control after some anti-Semitic asshole kills Jews, they are absolutely silent when a good guy gun owner snuffs out a homicidal maniac.
Our troops are thirsty lil’ buggers. Good.
Brazil looks set to pivot sharply to the right Sunday with the election of a Trump-type guy who wants to privatize state companies [in an ailing economy], liberalize gun ownership [in the face of ubiquitous violent crime] and mine the rain forest. Needless to say, the Meejah are clutching pearls and forecasting the Apocalypse.
Some government employee brought several .gov systems crashing down with Russian malware after visiting 9,000 porn sites.
From Greece comes this tale:
Edward Gibson, 24, and Jessica Frank, 22, were enjoying a getaway in Crete when they found a bag containing 7,000 euros in cash in a street.
They handed the money in to police, who reunited it with its owner, a local shopkeeper who was very relieved to see it again.
‘When police took us to meet the lady she was crying and blessing us. The money was her livelihood.’
She said they were ‘called heroes’ by locals, who gave them free taxi rides and offered them a hotel upgrade.
The shopkeeper, who was in her 60s, is believed to have dropped the bag, which contained the business’s takings, on the way to the bank.
Nice to see that there are at least a couple of decent people in today’s amoral world. Conversely, that a simple act of honesty should make the newspapers is a comment of a different sort.