Pithy news items, pithy commenth.
1) Brit woman prepares for the worst, the inevitable happens — “Never mind, the authorities have a plan to help you” coupled with “You’re a selfish hoarder” are comments which unfailingly point to a neo-Marxist social mindset.
2) Olive oil cuts heart attack risk by 20% and substituting vegetables for a piece of meat makes you live 50% longer — and next week, other studies will prove that olive oil is worse for you than cyanide, and swapping meat for veg will make your bones brittle.
3) The Muzzies get one right, for a change — although it doesn’t take a genius to see that Biden’s regressing to total retardhood right before our eyes, on a daily basis.
4) All Bloody Commies network comes to a stunning realization — pissing off millions of gun owners… only in #MarxistUnicornWorld will that help your chances of being reelected.
5) UK Parliament may shut down for months — wish that would happen here, regardless of cause.
6) Climate sanity — of course, none of the eco-freaks will bother to read this, or else they’ll just say he’s #WorseThanHitler — #SOP.
It is, as they say, to LOL at our cousins in Britishland as they begin to panic:
Panic-buying Brits strip supermarket shelves of pasta, couscous and water: Shops are left bare of larder essentials as well as toilet roll, Berocca and disinfectant as coronavirus ‘preppers’ brace for meltdown
Couscous? [exit, pissing myself laughing]
Sorry, had to clean up a little. I do like the addition of Berocca (supposed hangover remedy, similar to Alka Seltzer) to the list of “emergency” supplies.
Just go ahead and read the article for more merriment. Good grief, do these people keep anything in the house?
Followup: of course, let’s not forget our own doomsayers here in Murka:
As some may be aware, the Brits have been getting slammed by storm after storm after storm, bringing rain, floods, gales, more rain, more floods, more gales, and now… snow.
Even the stiff upper lip of Mr. Free Market is trembling, as witnessed by something he sent me yesterday:
Although I must say that the views on the FM estate are quite lovely:
Yeah,I know: according to the global warmists, snowfalls in Britain were supposed to be a thing of the past. So who are you going to believe: a bunch of watermelon alarmists and panic-stirring journalists [some overlap], or your own lying eyes?
Little snippets which don’t deserve a full post.
1) Ireland faces months without a government — lucky Ireland.
2) Bernie admits that banning assault rifles is just the start — we already knew that, you Marxist motherfucker, but it’s nice to have you come out and say it.
3) Mayor Pete Butt-plug wants to free 74,000 drug dealers — sounds like an election-winner right there, Homo Boy. Keep those ideas coming.
4) Make gun companies responsible for gun-related deaths — Joe The Doddering Fondler exercises his inner Swalwell. I was gonna say more, but Red Flag. LOL.
5) POTUS wants Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame — get Hillary, Clapper, Comey and all those other coup plotters in jail first, and then we can talk about irrelevancies like this one. Eye on the ball, Donald.
6) New Guy On The Border — one word, Brian: landmines.
7) Oscars Triumph — for the first time in living memory, I’d actually seen one of the movies nominated for Best Picture before the show (The Irishman), and it sucked.
Could it be? Could it really be?
Britain’s economy will grow faster than those of other major European countries this year as chief executives regard it as an increasingly attractive place to invest, two studies have found.
Amid growing optimism over Britain’s economic outlook, the International Monetary Fund said that it would outperform the eurozone this year and next.
But… but… but…
Could Paul Krugman have been wrong again?
The rest of the article, sadly, is quite serious. Read it anyway.
It wouldn’t surprise me if at his next speaking engagement, the Ginger Duke wears a pussy hat.