It’s not often that I burst out with incredulous laughter when reading stuff on Teh Intarwebz, but this succeeded in making me do so:
There doesn’t seem to be any easy solution to the yearly wildfire season, and California policy has always seemed to work in opposition to fire safety. Environmentalists have, for decades, fought the clearing of underbrush that serves as fuel for these raging fires. Instead of doing basic maintenance, almost one million people will have to live without power. No one is ready for it.
The San Francisco Chronicle is reporting that people are stocking up on liquor and few of them have safety readiness kits. One resident they spoke to said she “knew she was woefully unprepared for days without power. Despite living along an earthquake fault and within a half block of where the 1991 Oakland conflagration destroyed the whole neighborhood, Weld didn’t have a comprehensive emergency kit ready to go.”
Then Megan Fox unloads on these idiots, wrathfully. And I bet that 90% of them voted Democrat in past elections.
And Californians make fun of Southerners… while the ghost of Charles Darwin sniggers.
Fuck ’em. I hope these Commie-enablers all go up in flames.
So there’s this list which ranks the most miserable cities in the U.S. I’ve checked off those in the top 10 which I’ve actually seen / driven through / stayed in (don’t ask):
No question but that Gary deserves its spot. Under “Non-Third World Shitholes” in the dictionary will be its picture:
Detroit we all know about, ditto Newark, Flint and Camden, which all resemble the above pic in one way or another. Huntington Park should be driven around let alone through, and I don’t know anything about Warren (although its location near Akron and Youngstown probably gives us a clue). Pine Bluff is actually little different from most Southern rural shitholes, except that its inhabitants seem to be more violent than most, for reasons which escape me.
I’m a little puzzled by Passaic’s position, though. I lived just a couple miles away from it, in Lincoln Park, and other than the fact that it gets flooded out every other year or so by its namesake river — perhaps the reason for its high misery ranking, come to think of it — it’s little different from most of its Noo Joizee neighbors e.g. Paterson (a true shithole) and Verona (only a little less shitty), neither of which made the top 10.
Feel free to add your miserable candidates in Comments.
I have no idea how plausible this scenario could have been, because it happened jillions of years ago. But it sure makes interesting reading.
Here’s a question for y’all (answers in Comments):
Assuming this were to happen in the near future, and was unavoidable — i.e. we really are all gonna diiiieeeee! — where would you want this giant meteor to strike, just for spite?
a) Washington D.C.
b) New York Fucking City
c) EU headquarters in Brussels
e) Los Angeles
f) Wherever Greta Thunberg happens to be at the moment of impact.
After voting for your #1 choice, feel free to add your candidate locales in Comments.
From Insty I see this, about the situation in Hong Kong:
Pro-Beijing agitators are attacking random passers-by and fomenting brawls and riots in the shopping malls where pro-democracy demonstrators gather to sing. The… police are cooperating with the pro-Beijing agitators, arresting pro-democracy demonstrators, but leaving the pro-Beijing agitators alone.
Now where have I seen this kind of thing before? Oh, I know.
Just substitute “Antifa” for “pro-Beijing agitators” and “Trump supporters” for “pro-democracy demonstrators”, and you have… Portland.
Your favorite quickie news flashes of the week:
1) Goalie wins AK-47 for being badass — my kinda team award altogether; although he’d better not bring that bad boy with him to the U.S. or else “Beta” O’Rourke will take it away from him. [eyecross]
2) Trannie fired for classless attack on conservative woman — only fired? He/she deserves a whipping. Nebraska ain’t the state I remember — although this happened in Lincoln, which is to Nebraska as Austin is to Texas.
3) Trump will “probably” support some kind of gun control legislation — I was going to say something about this, but I have to go buy some more AK ammo right now. Back in a moment.
Okay… now where was I?
4) All Democrats would ban fracking — as if higher taxes, gun control, [299 other bullshit policies] aren’t sufficient reason not to vote for any of these fucking loons.
5) “Genitalia is not an indicator of gender and it can be harmful to assume so” — ummm no; actually, I’m pretty sure that ownership of a dick is the primary way to determine that someone’s a bloke, whether he uses it the Elton John Way or the John Holmes Way. Ditto the vag — although Beto “Gimme Your ARs and AKs” O’Rourke (despite the alleged ownership of a penis) is still a total cunt, regardless of which way he swings. Frankly, this so-called “gender fluidity” is a symptom of mental instability, not something to be proud of. And to hell with the whole LGBTOSTFU rabble, while I’m on the topic, because it leads to insane shit like this.
6) Climate change assholes admit to a fucking great lie — quelle surprise. This one was about the vanishing polar bear population scare, which was based on a single photograph. Sadly, there will be no floggings.
7) Gun Sales Spike Despite Democrat Efforts To Slow It Down — substitute “because of” for “despite”, and you have a more truthful headline, RedState.
8) Frogs and Brits go on strike, as usual — and Kim points to his earlier suggestion to re-institute flogging for unionized workers, as we do here in Texas*.
*Okay, we don’t actually flog unionistas in Texas, but it’s not for lack of trying.
1) British holidaymaker, 71, is shot dead on tourist paradise of Turks and Caicos as robbers burst into house to steal cash and jewellery — fake news; private citizens are banned from owning guns in T&C, so this couldn’t possibly have happened.
2) British vegan activist is covered in blood when ‘farmers chase her down a motorway and shoot through her car window after she freed 16 of their rabbits’ — looks like the Spanish farmers need more range time.
3) ISIS strap suicide vests to COWS and blow the animals up in attack that failed to kill any humans in Iraq — that’s the end of ISIS: now they’ve pissed off PETA. (Funny how there aren’t any “militant vegan activists” in Iraq…)
4) Hundreds of illegal guns flood city after gun ban — let’s hear it for “Australian-style” gun control.
5) Women marry men for money — and if there aren’t men rich enough, they don’t marry at all. Another big surprise.
6) Bonk more, and life feels better — another shocker, brought to you by !Science!
7) Mugabe dies — about time, and about forty years too late. Africa wins again.